Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How To Finish Thyroid Is It Unusual To Not Have A Fine Needle Biopsy Of Thyroid Nodules Before Surgery?

Is it unusual to not have a fine needle biopsy of thyroid nodules before surgery? - how to finish thyroid

I have a cold nodules of the thyroid and my doctor, I would like a part of my thyroid node biopsy while I was still under anesthesia, and another operation, whether benign or remove, remove the thyroid, if it is cancer. I asked to do a biopsy before the surgery and said it was too small for this to work. This is contrary to everything I read about.

1 comment:

cmary said...

Hmm, I do not think this is common, but I've read somewhere that some nodes may be too small to get a good example of the biopsy. He had thyroid cancer last year, I read a lot! But from what I read, it seems that in general, I still try to do a biopsy.

Regardless, it is unlikely that cancer, but if the good news is that thyroid cancer is treated very well. Growth is usually too slow to catch up time for a second opinion, they still comfortable.

Post a Comment